Friday, July 11, 2008

a leading global provider...

Did you ever notice that every company, as small and insignificant as it may be, is always a "leading global provider" in some area? Kind of takes the sting out of being the real leading global provider.

In fact, if you need to tell everyone that you are a leading global provider, then it's most likely you are not one. I wanted to research this point a bit, so I went on the AT&T website and looked for the word "provider". Sure enough I found that AT&T are a leading worldwide provider of IP-based communications. Now, I knew that AT&T are global leading providers of telephony, cellular and many other things, but IP-based communication? That's not what I had in mind.

This kind of brought me to the conclusion that "global leading provider" is actually a synonym for "the PR department was instructed to push us in this field, since we really need to become a significant player in this market"

No comments: