Saturday, May 17, 2008

Am I spending too much time on the Internet? (Virtual Bonfire)

My wife was talking to my son the other day, telling him that on Lag-Ba'omer, I'll be going with him to his school bonfire party, whereas she'd be taking his younger brother to his own school's bonfire party. The idea behind telling him that in advance was some setting of expectations, since our kids are used to the family sticking together on such occasions (or, if nothing else, at least stick with Mom. Going with Dad without Mom can be regarded as some sort of punishment).

In any occasion, the goal was to make him feel comfortable about this in advance, so Merav went on to tell him how much fun it was going to be, and knowing that he likes doing outdoor activities with me, also told him that him and me would probably be going out to look for burning material - such as wood in its different forms. She used the word "search" - search for wood.

Well, my 6 year old, hearing the words "search" and "dad" in the same sentence immediately came to the right conclusion and asked (very seriously) - where would Daddy be searching for wood - on the Internet?

No comments: